Volunteer With Us!
THANK YOU for your interest in Area 10. It is easy to volunteer with us! After reviewing these opportunities, please complete your application online or print and return it to the office in person, by fax or postal mail. Volunteering is rewarding for you and essential for our vulnerable neighbors. Thanks again for considering Area 10!
- Caring CompanionsChoose from a variety of services to provide to isolated individuals with whom you are thoughtfully matched. Activities may include grocery shopping, dog walking, meal prep, and always friendly visiting! Phone call visitation is an option. A great opportunity to build a meaningful relationship.
- The Endwright CenterThis active older adult center needs volunteer teachers for classes such as exercise, nutrition, art, crafts, or computers. Volunteers also help run the center as greeters, receptionists, or event assistance. Other options are to help plan and run the annual Senior Games or participate in the Garden Club each Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Ellettsville Farmers' MarketThis community event is held Saturday mornings, June-September, in the Endwright Center's parking lot. Help with set-up, welcome table, traffic/parking, composting, and more. Indoor and outdoor opportunities available. Entertainers also welcome to create a fun atmosphere!
- Home Delivered MealsDrivers ensure homebound seniors receive nutritious lunches 3-5 days a week. A driver’s route takes 1-2 hours and is done once per week. Substitute drivers and help at meal sites is also needed.
- Mobile Food PantryArea 10 has the area’s only home delivered food pantry. Volunteers set up, pack, and deliver groceries to recipients who are elderly or disabled. In the summer, volunteers are also needed in the garden which supplies fresh produce to these clients.
- Money Management ProgramVolunteers offer one-on-one counseling and assistance to help people remain independent and avoid incurring unnecessary debt.
- Office SupportOur friendly office volunteers are the welcoming faces and voices of Area 10's office. Volunteers can also help with administrative tasks, including filing, data entry, and assisting with projects. Shifts are 4 hours, once a week and all skill levels are welcome.
- Patriot PalsVisit veterans in their homes and give some much appreciated time and attention to these people who have given so much to us, and the entire country.
- REPAIRS TeamHelp older adults stay safe and independent in their homes with your handy skills. Tasks range from checking smoke alarms to snow shoveling, building ramps to brushing snow off cars.
- VASIAVASIA (Volunteer Advocate for Seniors or Incapacitated Adults) volunteers are community members trained and overseen by the Guardianship Program Manager. Once trained, VASIA volunteers are appointed by a local judge to advocate for incapacitated adults unable to manage their own financial assets or personal affairs.
Volunteer from Home - Enjoy sewing, knitting, or crocheting? Can you help us create cards, or decorate lunch bags? Or, perhaps you enjoy making phone calls? These projects can be done from home, with an occasional stop-in at Area 10, to benefit our community.
Have a special skill or talent? Have you retired, but still want to use your expertise? Are you learning a new skill that you’d like to share? Anything else not listed above? We’d love to talk about it with you!
Have a large group? Host a food drive, throw a party, contact us for event opportunities, or let us know your ideas. We’d love to hear your thoughts!
All Area 10 Volunteers who are 55 and better
RSVP automatically enrolls all Area 10 volunteers age 55 and better in the RSVP 55+ Volunteer Program. RSVP staff can help match volunteers with opportunities within Area 10, if desired. Volunteers also receive free supplemental insurance, invitation to social events, and email notices for one-time special events (optional). Opt out is available as part of the application process. Opting out does not affect volunteer status within Area 10.