Information & Referral
- Aging & Disability Resource CenterThe Aging and Disability Resource Center is a statewide initiative with the intent of serving as a single point of entry into the long-term care system. The Center serves as a “one-stop shop” for access to programs, services, information and assistance.
- Senior Medicare PatrolThe SMP program serves to enhance the financial, emotional, physical, and mental well-being of older adults — thereby increasing their capacity to maintain security and independence in retirement, and to make better financial and healthcare choices.
- State Health Insurance Assistance ProgramIf you need education or assistance regarding Medicare, Medicare supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, long-term care options, Medicaid, or finding help with prescription costs, SHIP is for you.
- Long-Term Care OmbudsmanWhen you or a loved one enters a long-term care facility such as a nursing home, it is important to know you have a full-time advocate in the community who can respond to and investigate complaints. Our ombudsman works to improve the quality of life and care for residents of long term care facilities.
- Case ManagementAre you or a loved one in need of help in coordinating caregiving services such as adult day care or respite care? Our case managers are here to help you develop a plan and arrange for services to be delivered.
- Caring CompanionsOur Caring Companions program matches volunteers with neighbors who desire services such as meal preparation, housekeeping, gardening, friendly visiting, etc.
- Home Delivered MealsWe deliver nutritious meals to the homebound in Monroe and Owen Counties as well as deliver a bag of groceries once a month to those in need.
- Money ManagementAre there unpaid bills that you have difficulty managing? Do you worry about not having enough money to make ends meet? Our Money Management Program uses trained volunteers to help you balance your checkbook and pay bills on time.
- REPAIRS TeamThe REPAIRS Team provides services such as installing safety features like ramps, grab bars and rails and repairing windows, doors, and screens.
Health & Wellness
- Endwright CenterThe Endwright Center provides innovative fitness programs, one-on-one computer tutoring, arts and humanities classes, special events, intergenerational activities, support groups, and volunteer opportunities. Come visit us if you are interested in enriching your life with a variety of opportunities.
- RSVP 55+ Volunteer ProgramAre you age 55 or better and interested in volunteering in our community? RSVP matches volunteers with local agencies and positions that best complement the volunteers’ unique interests, talents and availabilities. Join our growing community of service oriented members, and enjoy ongoing support, recognition, free supplemental insurance, and more!
- Nutrition ServicesWe offer nutritious meals at group-meal sites and deliver through in-home delivery in Monroe and Owen Counties. We also deliver a bag of groceries once a month to individuals in need. Click the link for more information about each of these programs.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management ProgramIf you have a chronic health problem, this is a program that can help you develop management techniques and mutual support. Our workshops are facilitated by trained leaders and can give you the extra support you need.
- Rural TransitTransportation linking rural areas to county population centers offering fixed routes and scheduled trips. Medical transportation and buses with wheelchair-lifts available
- HousingArea 10 Agency on Aging provides housing options at three affordable apartment complexes. We are here to support you and provide housing designed around seniors’ needs and interests.
- Mobility Assistive DevicesArea 10 houses an inventory of new and used home medical equipment and assistive devices, including walkers, wheelchairs, crutches, commodes, canes and more. This durable equipment is available to anyone with a temporary or permanent disability.
- New Freedom Transportation Voucher ProgramFunded through the New Freedom Transportation Grant and the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County, the New Freedom Transportation Voucher Program is a pilot project created to assist a broad range of people with disabilities in expanding their transportation options beyond the operational constraints of public transit.