The mission of Patriot Pals is to provide volunteer support for homebound senior veterans to help achieve their goals of living safely at home and connecting with community. We thoughtfully match volunteers with homebound “Neighbors”. Volunteers choose the services they offer, such as:
- Friendly visiting
- Telephone reassurance
- Shopping assistance
- Running errands
- Pet care & dog walking
- Gardening & house plant care
- Sharing interests/hobbies
- Light meal preparation & housekeeping
- Safety education, and more!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Volunteering leads to greater life satisfaction & better health. Studies show volunteers live longer.
- Feel a renewed sense of purpose!
- Develop new friendships.
- Invitations to monthly potlucks to share your experiences with fellow volunteers and Area 10 staff.
- Receive a newsletter which keeps you connected with local volunteerism, news and opportunities.
- Receive specialized training.
- Have access to ongoing support.
- Be recognized for all that you do.
- Receive FREE supplemental insurance while volunteering (for 55+)
Patriot Pals are dependable volunteers who provide a variety of services to homebound senior veterans. We work hard to ensure matches are successful and meaningful so the lives of both our volunteers and their neighbors are greatly enhanced from participating in this unique program. Your schedule and level of commitment are entirely flexible. We will strive to make sure it works well for you! Just as our neighbors have different needs, so do our volunteers. We strive to find a good match for you. If you are 55+ years old, you can be enrolled in RSVP 55+.